We are nearing the end of my 4th pregnancy and I have had these insane cravings for kale, watermelon and coconut water. With my days numbered I am basically done when it finally comes around to dinner time and am just looking for the easiest and fastest meal possible to make for the family. Last night I threw this together and it hit the spot! I accompanied it with some spiced quinoa and baked tofu which we actually tossed all together for my husband to have for a power packed lunch today.
If you are little more organized then me and plan your meals out in advance I highly recommend you make this salad a little earlier in the day so the flavors have time to come together and the kale can soften a bit. We ate it fresh and it was still amazing.
Like with any of the recipes I share on here make sure you adjust the seasonings to suit your tastes. You can’t go wrong!
Let me know what you think!!
Rainbow Carrot and Massaged Kale Salad
A fresh, light and filling recipe perfect for the warming temperatures.
Tip: Try to make this in advance so the the flavors have time to meld and your kale has some time to soften. Personally I think this salad would be amazing with the addition of some shallots or red onion so if you want to add that as well do it just before serving. Top with avocado and you have a meal complete with high quality protein, carbs and fat.
- 1 head of kale (de-stemmed and torn into pieces)
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup of shredded rainbow carrots
- 1 cup of assorted grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (raw and sprouted if you can)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (raw and sprouted if you can)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of high quality sea salt
- 4 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Tamari
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1) Massage the kale pieces, olive oil and salt until the kale is deep green and fragrant.
2) Toss in seeds, cabbage, carrots and grape tomatoes.
3) Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, Tamari and nutritional yeast and pour over the salad. Toss again!
↑ Table of Contents ↑