This is a favorite go to recipe for me. Whenever something in our house is easy or takes no time at all my son likes to say it’s “easy and peasy” and this recipe falls into that category. The flavor is amazing, I can get all the ingredients in one pot and its done in about 30 minutes. It is also delicious cold!
Cauliflower is kind of a secret super food. One serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. It’s also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese. So this soup can be a daily dose of goodness for your body, soul and growing pregnant belly.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Tip: I like to add a little extra cracked black pepper for a kick at the end, but you can season it to your tastes.
- 1-2 large shallots, chopped
- 6-8 gloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 2 heads of organic cauliflower, stems removed and roughly chopped.
- 2 tablespoon of fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of coconut or olive oil
- 4-6 cups of low sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup nutritional yeast (optional but oh so delicious and the quality varieties are an excellent sources of added B12, a complete protein and loaded with fiber and iron.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium to medium high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft and translucent
- Add the cauliflower and rosemary and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes until the veggies begin to turn golden brown. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add the vegetable broth, just enough to cover cauliflower. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer and allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and using your food process, blender or even better an immersion blender (I hate doing dishes) blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Add your nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to taste. Blend again for good measure and enjoy!